We all know health and fitness is one of the pillars of a balanced, happy life. What many – purposely or unknowingly – choose to ignore is that mental health is a very important part of that picture. Good mental health is essential to feeling great and staying consistent in your daily fitness routine; when you feel good, you get moving and stay moving! Strong mental health produces strong and confident individuals. That is why mental health and CBD is fast becoming one of the most sought-after solutions to managing everything from anxiety to trouble sleeping.
Try all of SingleSeed’s exclusive products or keep reading to learn even more about health, fitness and CBD’s impact on them.
CBD and your mental health
To understand just how important CBD and your mental health is, first you must understand how CBD interacts once it enters the body. The best way to explain how CBD works is to recognize that it is a naturally occurring element which works within an existing system in the body known as the endocannabinoid system.
The endocannabinoid system is a system of receptors which helps regulate normal functions in the body including moods, appetite, pain signals, sleep patterns and more.
Because the endocannabinoid system works with so many other systems in the body, its benefits extend throughout multiple areas throughout the body. In other words, one product covers many bases.
Mental health can a particularly difficult thing to diagnose and treat. While some suffer from mental health problems following an injury, a major change in life or a degenerative disease, others have seemingly no reason for their mental health issue to present.
It is also tricky to treat mental health because everyone responds differently to various forms of care. While some respond well to therapy and meditation practices, others feel the need to take a drug or seek more intensive forms of therapeutic care.
While this can be frustrating for patients suffering from mental health problems or doctors treating these patients, this makes CBD right for almost everyone! The effects can be anywhere from subtle to highly apparent. No matter the reaction you have, for everyone, CBD is perfectly safe and perfectly healthy.
Many studies have been done on the effects of CBD to treat depression and various forms of anxiety. The bottom line? CBD enters the endocannabinoid system in the brain and helps to regulate healthy moods, anxiety and even discomfort that causes restlessness at night, causing a noticeably calmer feeling to one’s disposition and overall mentality.
Try it yourself in your favorite form today!
How to get started – CBD for mental health products
The most common thing that sways non-marijuana users from trying CBD is the idea that they have to smoke CBD-containing marijuana to get the full benefits. This could not be further from the truth.
CBD comes in many forms. From salves to edible products, tinctures to beverages, there is never a need to inhale anymore. Here are some of our favorite ways to get the mental health benefits of CBD without the smoke:
- Tinctures: A tincture is an oil form of cannabis which can be mixed into a recipe or beverage or taken directly on the tongue. There is no foul taste and very little odor. Tinctures are typically very concentrated, meaning only a small amount is needed to feel the effects. Once ingested, a tincture is absorbed quickly and nearly directly to the brain to help manage any of your mental health concerns. Our favorite tincture is our own SingleSeed brand Full Spectrum CBD Tincture in Mint Chocolate flavor.
- Salves: Much like the tinctures, salves are extremely versatile. Rub onto temples to calm your mind literally at the source or rub on pulse points on the neck or wrist for slow, relaxing relief. Salves can also be taken with you; the solid formula means there is no risk of spill and the tiny container makes it portable for on-the-go relief when you are feeling down or anxious. We like: Hemp CBD Topical Salve’s concentrated formula and durable, tiny tins.
- Personal Lubricant: You read that right. CBD containing personal lubricants are a great way to manage your insecurities, anxiety, feelings of depression and even mood swings. What better way to feel comfortable and confident than in the bedroom? With relief that lasts long after time with or without your partner, you’ll always find yourself feeling your best. We love SingleSeed CBD Pleasure Oil – one of our new products that has already become a customer favorite.
- Oral Sprays: Remember when you were a child and your parents gave you a throat-numbing spray for your scratchy throat or cough? CBD oral sprays are similar, in that they are easy and fun to administer, taste great and deliver nearly immediate results. Just aim toward the back of the throat, spray a few doses and go. Oral mists are a great addition to your morning and / or evening routine and provide the discomfort relief or calming effects you desire. Try NanoMist’s Oral Spray in either Melon Discomfort-Relieving flavor or Grape Calming.
- CBD Beverages: One of the newest and best multi-tasking product on the market for CBD is CBD beverages. SingleSeed CBD Water products is not only a great way to get your CBD dosage but also good for you in general! Water infused with CBD hydrates and delivers essential vitamins and minerals to your body. Everyone needs to drink water and so few of us get enough. Adding CBD to your water may remind you to drink more each day while helping keep your mental health continually in check.
CBD for Health
When considering your body’s health, it is important to remember to constantly be considering your mental health as well. Mental and physical well-being go hand-in-hand; you can’t achieve one without the other.
Always remember to check in with your body and your mind.
Are you not feeling a workout today? Could it be because you’re feeling sad or down?
Are you stressed and/or anxious? Could it be because you haven’t had much activity lately?
Often stopping to check in with one aspect of your health will open your eyes up to the reasons behind why things feel a certain way.
Taking CBD for health can impact these areas of your life for the better. Mental Health and CBD is the newest recognition of CBD’s true power. Whether you’re taking it for serious anxiety or just to feel more confident or alert, try all of SingleSeed’s products yourself to truly see the difference.